Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Is Change Really A Thing? / Excuse Me For Being Blunt





"People don't change."


I swore to myself that I wouldn't write anything about New Year's Eve or anything to do with change. I see it all over Social Media and it sort of bothers me. We take up Resolutions just to forget about them the second week of the entire year. I find it hard to believe someone when they try to tell me what's going to be different about them this upcoming year. They just don't work. And I used to believe none of us could really change. That we are all so stuck in our shells of selfishness, that it is impossible for us to change. 

Your lack of change is because you lack discipline and self-control. 

You can change. I have stories of friends who did just that. Some of those friends helped myself change afterwards. 

Believing you or others can't change is a manifestation of pride. 
ouch. But I'm not sorry I said it.
I am just like this too.
We all are.
How? Selfishness is the reason we believe that = pride. It really isn't a science. As human beings, we are naturally selfish and prideful, but it doesn't mean we should accept that.

I know someone I met in India who used to be a part of the mob, until Jesus got ahold of him one day and it changed his life forever. I know a young woman who was caught in sex & drugs, but then someone she knew was in love with the Lord and continued to be that light in her life... she finally came to Christ and is clean. I also know another man who was a soldier, came back home from Afghanistan with PTSD, got caught up in alcohol & drugs, found Jesus, and he now is a college pastor and a director for an online Christian organization that deals with addictions - and because of him and that organization, it saved me from my addictions.

Change is inevitable. 

Everyone changes. No one stays the same. We mature... some more slower than others. But we never stop. We never stop learning life lessons and experiences. We're going to change even if we don't try to.

Change really is a thing. So here's that one annoying question: What change are you going to make for 2014? What goals do you have for the future? Tomorrow is your clean slate. The past is left with 2013. The past is the past. After midnight, what are you going to let go of? After midnight, what will you forgive yourself for? After midnight tonight... are you going to move forward? Any goals?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Goals:
Graduate Master's Commission
Prayer be my first priority everyday
Overcome some personal things / Forgive myself / Forget my past / Move on
Start planning my future ministry: Orphanages & trips / Schooling

No comments:

Post a Comment