Thursday, December 12, 2013

This is Love / India Journal Pt. 1

This is an India series... my thoughts, and experiences I put into my journal - edited, now sharing with you...

********************************************************************************************


I don't think you will ever get a glimpse of love until you see it on the face of a child's. They literally have nothing else to live for... nothing left to lose. And it's beautiful. All this time I thought I understood "love". Boy, do we throw that word around likes it's just a paper ball of trash. We're eventually going to just throw it away. What a waste. I want to love like it's not something I waste. I wonder if this is how Jesus felt during His ministry - this sense of humility and passionate love for His people. Before turning on the road towards the girl's orphanage in Gujurat, India... God showed me a passage in the love chapter of 1 Corinthians. 


If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. ~1 Corinthians 13:1-3

I have a confession to make. I haven't loved anyone. I have loved to the best of my ability, but I never loved anyone. I never loved a soul until I saw a beautiful young girl's face in the center of a crowded orphanage building in the middle of nowhere. And she was stunning. Suddenly, I was in India... at this orphanage... not to say I've been to India... but God to do something amazing and heart-wrenching in my life. Suddenly I was India to love on these children. A new found love I've never known before until now. 
I know it's hard to grasp. What love really is, and if I really did find that love Jesus felt while walking down the streets during His ministry. But I know a few things for sure, God is real, love is real, and God is love; and I caught a glimpse of His love at this orphanage I never want to take back. I've never felt a part of something greater than myself...












1 comment: