Monday, December 23, 2013

Mafia & Apples to Apples in the Middle of Mumbai Airport / India Journal Part 4

This is an India series... my thoughts, and experiences I put into my journal - edited, now sharing with you...

********************************************************************************************

I particularly love this part of the entire trip. I know we're not serving... but community. I never thought I'd love community this much. My brothers and sisters are pretty great, and just being able to spend time with them as we wait in the Mumbai airport to get back to America... it was first, exhausting having to stay up all night to wait for our flight, and second, rewarding, getting to know them a little better. During mission trips - even just being in Master's Commission - there is a lot of waiting involved. A lot of time being killed. You learn a lot of patience... it's sort of forced. But it's a good thing! 
I love missions. I love people so much. I love God even more. Who would have thought that someone like me who loves being alone would be saying these words? Bu ever since that orphanage, love has become a new meaning to me. I am finally content on where I am today and how I got here - how I got here was a complete mess. Maybe that phrase, "beauty out of ashes" is sort of true. There's a sort of peace within my soul I've never felt before. Even the people who have wronged me, I've started forgiving...true love. This love has got me so wrapped up in it, I feel better about myself and who I am, and who I am becoming... this is called freedom. And it's only caught by God, who is Love.

I never thought a lesson could be made through games like Mafia and Apples to Apples...

No comments:

Post a Comment